Thursday, February 28, 2008

Mr. Papa John's Calls Internet "Silly Stuff"

It takes a lot to ruffle my feathers, but I had to write this concerning a recent interview I saw of John Schnatter, Mr. Papa John himself. It aired on our local Fox affiliate WDRB here in Louisville.
Mr. Schnatter revealed that he has never seen or been on the internet. I would understand if his reasoning was that he is not a fan of technology or he would would rather use the phone as opposed to using emails.
However, his comments about the internet surprised me. “I’ve never been on the Internet,” he said. “No computers, No Noise. No Anything. I don’t like being bogged down with silly stuff.” But he did say that "the second wife" does get on the internet. That's a relief.
But seriously, why bash something that you have never seen or used? Also, why state on a TV interview that 90% of your customers partake in silly stuff? So I guess it wasn't his idea to be able to order Papa John pizza online.
Wow, I must really like the internet if I'm being so defensive. It just struck a chord in me. I just had to get it out. Sorry Mr. Papa John for being critical of you . . . Oh, that's right not to worry, you won't be reading this anyway.

You can see the TV interview here.http://www.fox41.com/article/view/16666/?tf=wdrbarticleview.tpl

No comments: