Tuesday, July 22, 2008

TV Review: Twin Peaks (1990-1992)

A show from the twisted mind of David Lynch about the murder of a high school girl (Laura Palmer) that turns the small town of Twin Peaks on its head. The FBI get involved because they may have a serial killer on their hands. Two burning questions throughout the show are who killed Laura and why are the residents of Twin Peaks so weird?

I have always wanted to see Twin Peaks. I didn't see it at all when it first came out in the early 90's. Now I wish I had. By the way, you need to watch the show in this order to really appreciate it.

  1. 1) Two hour pilot episode
  2. 2) Season 1 - contains 7 episodes
  3. 3) Season 2 - contains 22 episodes
  4. 4) Twin Peaks - Fire Walk With Me movie

Kyle MacLachlan plays FBI agent Dale Cooper and I think he is one of the most entertaining TV characters I've ever seen. I know this show may not be for everyone, but at least give the two hour pilot a try. If you like it you'll love the entire show. It is a show that is greater than the sum of its parts.

The video below is just one of the many reasons why you should give Twin Peaks a try. Look out for llamas.

No comments: