Friday, September 19, 2008

Hurricane Ike Takes Bite Out of Louisville, Kentucky

"I Don't Like Ike!!"
Even though Louisville, Kentucky is hundreds of miles away from Texas and where Hurricane Ike made landfall in the United States it took a huge hit. Kentucky has experienced tornadoes before and Ike ended up knocking out more power in Kentucky than ever before. Just after the storm there were over 500,000 households without power. I was one of them. I finally got power on the third day. As I'm typing this on the fifth day after Ike, there are still over 100,000 households in the Louisville area without power.

Luckily, I didn't have too much in the way of bad of trees in my yard, but I did see some powerlines down. In the photo above this tree snapped a powerline. They say that it may be another week before everyone in the Louisville area has their power back. I hope you weren't in Ike's path.

No comments: