Saturday, September 27, 2008

My visit to Waverly Hills Sanatorium in Louisville, Kentucky

Ah, Waverly Hills Sanatorium. The hospital that housed tens of thousands of tuberculosis patients for decades (1920s-1960s). Reportedly over 60,000 patients died here. I have always wanted to visit this place. I live less than an hour away. I was excited that I was finally going to go see the place in person. I do have to say that my flashlight went dead after only three minutes in the main building. I later checked the batteries and they were fine. It is the flashlight itself that no longer works. [enter scary music]

Outside Room 502 where a nurse hung herself or was hung back in the 1930s. Also another nurse jumped or was pushed from the window in Room 502 to her death. There are supposedly incidences of people now getting sick after being in this room. Definitely one of the most popular sites on the property.


There is a lot of graffiti on every floor. I wish these white spots on some of my photos were orbs, but alas they are not. They are just dust. Unfortunately, we didn't see anything paranormal.

The above photo is of "The Death Tunnel". This is right outside the main building where the corpses were taken from the building to the awaiting hearses at the bottom of the hill. A ramp on one side and stairs on the other. The stairs were for the employees and the ramp was for the deceased.

I was so glad to be able to go. it is a shame that no one saw or heard anything really unique. I would like to go again soon. Especially before it is turned into a hotel.

Below is the video of The Ghost Hunters when they traveled to Waverly Hills Sanatorium in Louisville, Kentucky a few years ago when they found something strange.



For all of the pics, go to here